Juniper Green Station, 1944
The "Balerno Loop" of the Caledonian Railway line served Juniper Green where Edwin grew up and lived for much of his artistic career. Many of his paintings were inspired by the landscape and mills of the Water of Leith valley, through which the line ran. This painting shows the station at Juniper Green. The line was closed in 1967 and the track and stations have gone. It's now a public walk/cycle way.